May 4, 2011

identity crisis

Like a pretentious dick, I've been drinking a lot of whiskey lately. Because of this, I've noticed something interesting: Cheap whiskeys are named the exact opposite of the people who drink them.

Old Grand-Dad? Drank only by 20-something hipsters with swept bangs. That guy passed out on in front of XO Lounge on Wednesday afternoon? He drank Gentleman Kentucky. Canadian Club? Just need to be an alcoholic to join! Booker's? Drunk exclusively by illiterates.

*How much does the non-italicized "I" in the photo bother you right now?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! One whiskey to rule them all!

Billy said...

Old Grand Dad is hella good!

Vicki said...

Billy, get a haircut.

And that "I" is the worst thing ever.

Anonymous said...

*not nearly as much as the missing 'e' in your 'does' does.

Anonymous said...

WINNING!

PWeekly said...

Touche first Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

A lot. the "I" bothers me a lot.

anonymice said...

I couldn't stop staring at the "I" and then I read the name was Old Grand Dad and I immediately wondered if the man in the picture really KNEW what his old grand dad tasted like. Then I threw up in my mouth.